Outlaw Racing Association
2013 ENDURO RULES
HIGHLIGHTS—Welcome drivers to the fun and excitement of Enduro Racing. Here is
what an Enduro is all about. SPEED does NOT necessarily count in an Enduro. The
secret is the combined ability of a driver and their car to last for 100 laps or
one hour, on the race track without a major mishap. This is NOT a Demolition
Derby. The first car that completes 100 laps will be the winner, or the car that
travels the most amount of laps in one hours time would be declared the winner.
is an event for the basic “STOCK CAR.” Only minor modifications or
alterations will be allowed. The race will start with two or three cars abreast
in each row from a rolling start, and continue for 100 laps or one hour, without
any yellow flags (unless deemed necessary by officials for safety reasons). Cars
that are stalled on the track due to breakdowns or accidents may be left there
as obstacles, and all other cars should avoid them while continuing to race. The
driver must never get out of their car while it is on or near
the racing surface. Violators will be disqualified and ejected from the race
immediately. The driver may get out and observe the race from the safety of the
infield. Once again, this is an endurance race event, NOT A DEMOLITION DERBY!
The best strategy is to pace yourself and stay out of trouble, don’t crash
into anyone and try not to let anyone crash into you. Start with a good set of
tires and avoid running over anything that will cut them.
RED flag will be displayed only in case of an emergency, and all cars MUST STOP
IMMEDIATELY and hold their position. The race will restart with all cars in the
position they were in at the Red flag. If your car catches fire in the engine
compartment, go to the infield and get out of it immediately. The fire crews
will extinguish the fire quickly. No cars will be allowed out of the pits during
a RED flag. Cars that have flat tires or need servicing, may go to the pits on
the GREEN flag. If you enter the pits on a RED flag, you will be held at the pit
entrance for one minute once the green flag flies again. Re-entry to the track
will be allowed as the ramp officials indicate. Driver changes will be allowed
only when the car is in the pits. Cars entering the pits must slow down and
proceed in an orderly fashion with safety in mind. There is a $25 fine and/or a
five lap penalty for speeding in the pits. Any car that cuts through the infield
will be BLACK flagged and/or assessed a five lap penalty. Rupture of gas tank
and/or fuel spillage will require immediate BLACK flag. Any loss of wheel or
tire requires your leaving the race track immediately, either to the pits for
repairs or park in the infield. Officials will assess lap penalties or
disqualify cars that are in violation of procedures, specifications or safety,
and their decisions shall be final.
minors under age 18 must have a parent’s signed, notarized release and
permission to participate in the Enduro or to enter the pit area. PRE-ENTRY FEE
for your Enduro car is $25 payable by cash, check or money order, sent to the
speedway office for that race event date, or $40 if you register at the track on
the day of the event.
PRE ENTRIES must be received no later than two business days before the event (Ssturday event—Wednesday registrations due date).
CAR NUMBERS: You may register your car number for $10. The number must be
clearly displayed on each side of the car and roof with 24” numbers. A minimum
of 6” numbers will be displayed on the rear of your car visible to the driver
behind you to ease line-up procedure. You may not use letters or punctuation in
your number. NO FOUR DIGIT NUMBERS PLEASE. Once purchased, your number will be
valid throughout the winter Enduro race events.
AND BODY SPECIFICATIONS:
1) Any 1955 or newer American made passenger car or station wagon having a factory spec wheelbase of 108 inches or longer may be used. NO Camaros, Mustangs, compacts, convertibles, trucks, El Caminos, Rancheros or 4-WHD vehicles allowed.
2) Steel bars of 3/8” or heavier material spaced approximately 4” apart, mounted vertically, must be installed completely across the windshield opening for protection.
3) A four-point roll cage with a minimum of four door bars to protect the driver. The same is required on passenger side for cars electing to carry a passenger. No bars will extend through front of firewall. Front bars cannot be visible in engine compartment. Race seats should be mounted at least 8” from the door bars. All door bars and roll cage bars surrounding driver and passenger should be padded. No unnecessary cutting or gutting of the body is allowed. No gutting of hood or trunk. Doors may be cut to allow for door bar clearance only. Front and rear fenders may be cut to allow for tire clearance.
4) SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Five-point race harness in good condition for driver and passenger. A race seat is required constructed of aluminum, metal or fiberglass, but may not swivel. NO plastic seats. Helmets with a minimum of a Snell 95 rating (Snell ' 95,' 00,' 05,''10). Fire suits are highly recommended, but not required. If you do not wear a firesuit, a long sleeved shirt or jacket and long pants are required. NO shorts, sandals or short-sleeved shirts are allowed. Cars must have a fire extinguisher. Additional safety equipment is encouraged, i.e., window nets, neck braces, and gloves. .ALL cars carrying passengers will have to abide by the following safety precautions: Door bars required on passenger side, as well as driver’s side. Race seat of same specifications for drivers is required for passengers. Window net on passenger side is mandatory. Passengers must abide by the same dress codes and safety codes of drivers. NO EXCEPTIONS.
5) No front loops, or X-bracing to alter the geometry of the car is allowed. NO nerf irons or outside bars. You may reinforce rear bumper. 1” O.D. pipe or square tubing may be used to mount radiator - not for protection.
6) Front inner fenders may be removed. All sharp edges must be rounded. No sharp bumper ends or body parts will be allowed that may cut other competitors’ tires. All doors must be welded, bolted or chained shut. Hood and deck lids securely fastened. Hood and trunk hinges may be removed if the hood or deck lid is securely fastened on all four corners. An open hood or door will result in an immediate Black Flag. The rest of the body must be intact and stock appearing. All holes and openings in front and rear firewalls MUST be covered using steel or aluminum. They may be screwed, bolted, welded or riveted to the car. All glass, headlights, taillights, and side chrome must be removed. Front and rear bumpers may be welded or chained to the car. No reinforcing of front bumpers is allowed. NO MIRRORS ALLOWED. RACECEIVERS REQUIRED. NO 2-WAY RADIO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ANYONE IS ALLOWED.
7) No front bumper reinforcing. Stock brackets may be welded to frame for safety only.
8) No gutting of car bodies allowed. Full front and rear firewalls must be in place. NO BALLAST ALLOWED.
9) One gas tank only. If a fuel cell is used it must be mounted in the trunk without cutting out floor panels.
10) Batteries may be placed inside of the car on passenger side floorboard if properly fastened and covered for safety. (Marine or RV heavy-duty plastic boxes recommended.) NO BATTERIES IN THE TRUNK.
Family-to-Family parts may be transferred from one make to another as long as
they are manufactured by the same company. GM to GM, Ford to Ford, Chrysler to
Chrysler. For example, you may put a Chevy engine in a Buick body, since GM
makes them both.
No modifying of the suspension is allowed. THIS MEANS NONE! All suspension parts
must remain absolutely stock for make, model and year of car. No spacers,
lumber, chains, racing or dual shocks allowed. Original sway bars must have
AND WHEELS: Tires
will not exceed 8-1/2 inches of tread width; wheels will not exceed 8 inch wheel
width. Tires must be stock passenger tires only. NO studded snow tires. NO
racing tires or racing recaps allowed. Wheels must be steel and may be of
heavy-duty type, reinforced or plated centers, heavy-duty large lug nuts or
washers are recommended to prevent loss or breakage.
AND REAR ENDS: NO
MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS. Any family-to-family stock automatic and stock torque
converters. Factory posi-track okay. You may lock your rear-end. No coil over or
helper springs allowed. You may run lowering blocks on rear leaf springs as long
as they are same size on both sides.
Must be strictly stock. NO high performance parts allowed. Must be
family-to-family consisting of stock components. Engines must remain in stock
position. No more than a single stock 4- barrel carburetor. No double pump
Holleys. No fuel injection. No carb spacers. Intake manifold must be stock
only. No aftermarket. No porting or polishing. Heads must be stock cast iron
heads. No porting, polishing or special machine work allowed. Flat top or dish
pistons only. Hydraulic cam shafts only. Max lift in all makes .410. No roller
rockers, roller lifters, or after market rocker assemblies allowed. Valve
springs, rockers and retainers must be stock. NO modifications. Exhaust
manifolds must be cast iron stock only. Boring is allowed but engine cannot be
stroked. Oil pans must be stock. No electric fuel pumps. No
turbo chargers or super chargers allowed. Chrome or aluminum valve covers, and
air cleaners are allowed. Ignition systems must be stock. No magnetos, dual
point distributors or after market components. 400 cu. in. Chevy motors must run
heads that came with 400 motor. No headers. Radiators must be in stock position,
and may be aluminum aftermarket.
A mandatory safety inspection will be conducted at each event. If your car does
not have an inspection sticker, you will not be allowed on the track. Top five
cars of each event must pass visual inspections. For $250 the winner is subject
to being torn down and inspected by removal of carburetor, valve cover, intake
and exhaust manifolds and heads. Second through fifth place cars are subject to
visual inspection by removal of valve cover. Failure to comply with inspections
will result in disqualifications, forfeiture of prize money and/or points, as
well as a one-race suspension.
REMOVAL must be
done the same day of the race event.
Points will be awarded one point for each lap completed. Points are awarded to
Each driver/car must provide their own scorer. NO protest on scoring.
This event will be delayed or postponed only in the event of severe and unsafe weather conditions, otherwise, we run rain or shine.
Copyright © 2007-2013 - Colorado Outlaw Racing Assoc. LLC. All Rights Reserved.